Thursday 17 October 2013

October Glossybox 2013




For my first post on my blog I decided to do a review on this months Glossybox. 
I started getting Glossyboxes back in May as a little birthday treat to myself. 

Since receiving the Glossyboxes I have loved them all, but unfortunately this month I was pretty disappointed. I saw that quite a lot of others feel the same way this month and I hope that Glossybox takes it into consideration because I feel I didn't get my £12.95 worth. I think it would have been good if there was a berry lipstick, smokey eye shadow or a dark nail varnish in the box somewhere but I feel the only thing that fit into the Dark Romance theme was the Cheek and Lip tint. However, I still have hope that Glossybox will do better next month. 

 Anyway, so here is what I received this month. 





MeMeMe Cherub's Blush - Cheek & Lip Tint 


I've a had a few MeMeMe products from Glossybox and I hadn't tried the products before so every time I get a new one it's nice to seeing what is available. I have never used a tint before and I have been meaning to try some out for a while now so I'm actually quite pleased this was in the box and I feel this fits in the best with the Dark Romance theme. I think I will be using this and seeing how I feel about it. 
This is the only full sized product that was in the Glossybox this month and it retails at £5.50. 


Katy Perry - Killer Queen Fragrance


I've seen mixed reviews about receiving perfumes in Glossbox as you can actually get these testers in shops, it would be good if they were a little bit bigger as you don't get a huge use out of the tiny vial of the perfume. However with that said, I really like this perfume, I really like the smell and it is a bit strong but not overpowering for me anyway, some others might disagree.
It is retailed at £29.50 for 50ml and I think this is a very good price. 


Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum


I've never heard of this brand and at first I thought it was a moisturiser, but it is actually a serum that helps soothe redness and hydrates the skin. It has a lemon scent which makes it smell very fresh however I do not normally go for scented products but I will test this out as I have a lot of redness on my cheeks and hopefully it will help. However I wasn't happy when I first opened the product as it took me ages to get anything out of the pump. But I will see how I feel about it after a few uses. On the card that comes with Glossybox it suggest that you can mix this in with a foundation for a BB cream
It is retailed at £22.50 for 50ml. 


Monu Illuminating Primer


Again I have never heard of this brand and I don't know whether or not I will use this. I am quite fussy when it comes to primers and when I was swatching it on my hand it didn't really wow me so I might pass it on to one of my friends or my mum. In the information it tells you that it contains Vitamin E to detoxify the skin and Cassia Alata Leaf Extract to protect and prevents skin against UV damage. So it has a lot of benefits for those who likes primers but I probably won't be using this. 
It retails at £24.95 for 50ml.


Eva Cosmetics Mystic Diamond Argonoil



This was the product I was most excited to get. I have had my hair bleached for ombre and I've been dying to try argan oil, however this one also contains diamond powder which is meant to give your hair a shine like never before.
I tried this product the day after I got the box and I absolutely loved it, it made my hair feel amazing, however I don't feel like I saw any extra shine to it. I do feel I will keep using it and possibly consider purchasing it or buying another argan oil as I feel it really is beneficial to coloured hair.
It retails at £22.50 for 100ml. 


So this months Glossybox wasn't my favourite but I will use some of the products that I have got. I do feel Glossybox could have really done a lot more with the dark romance theme. However I will not be unsubscribing as I would like to see what next month brings.


I hope you all enjoy this post and I will post more as soon as I get round to decided what to do next! 

If you want to know more about Glossybox and where to subscribe: http://www.glossybox.co.uk/

Thanks for reading! 


1 comment:

  1. Oooh diamond hair oil sounds so posh! I can't wait to hear how you get on with the serum, I have terrible redness so anything that can help is a winner in my book!
    I think it's cheating a little to count perfume samples as a product when you can get them for free :/
    Great first post xxx

    ReplyDelete